Prologis Publishes Eighth Annual Corporate Responsibility Report
Report Tracks Progress Across Three Key Areas of Sustainability
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the global leader in industrial real estate, today announced the release of its annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
The report documents the company's activities in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility and corporate governance and ethics.
Highlights from the report include:
- A collaboration with the U.S. Green Building Council to create the first industrial-sector LEED Volume pre-certification program, which reduces the time and cost associated with LEED certification of Prologis buildings. Prologis is the first industrial real estate company to engage in LEED Volume.
- The certification of 27 projects totaling more than 9 million square feet of sustainable buildings in nine countries, bringing the company's total sustainable building certifications to 53 million square feet across 128 projects in 14 countries.
- Cumulative efforts in efficient lighting and renewable energy installation that eliminated the need for 400 million KWh of energy production, the equivalent of 47 times the amount of electricity needed to power Prologis' 73 corporate and regional offices.
- The launch of Breakthrough, a company-wide network that promotes gender diversity and the retention and advancement of women.
- Another successful IMPACT Day, Prologis' global day of service, during which employees gave more than 7,000 volunteer hours to 63 nonprofit organizations working in the areas of education, human welfare and the environment.
Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Inclusion in the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World index for the seventh consecutive year. The announcement was made at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
"We continue to make excellent progress toward our environmental, social and governance goals," said Jeannie Renné-Malone, vice president, Sustainability. "Our efforts have brought significant benefits, including a reduction in our customers' operating costs, increased employee engagement and the ongoing fostering of goodwill in the communities in which we work and live."
The report, which has been externally assured, follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework. It was developed in accordance with the GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and the Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS) in accordance with the Core option.
The complete report is available online at www.prologis.com/cr.
Prologis, Inc. is the global leader in industrial real estate. As of June 30, 2015, Prologis owned or had investments in, on a wholly owned basis or through co-investment ventures, properties and development projects expected to total approximately 670 million square feet (62 million square meters) in 21 countries. The company leases modern distribution facilities to more than 5,200 customers, including third-party logistics providers, transportation companies, retailers and manufacturers.
The statements in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the industry and markets in which Prologis operates, management's beliefs and assumptions made by management. Such statements involve uncertainties that could significantly impact Prologis' financial results. Words such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements, which generally are not historical in nature. All statements that address operating performance, events or developments that we expect or anticipate will occur in the future — including statements relating to rent and occupancy growth, development activity and changes in sales or contribution volume of properties, disposition activity, general conditions in the geographic areas where we operate, our debt and financial position, our ability to form new co-investment ventures and the availability of capital in existing or new co-investment ventures — are forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Although we believe the expectations reflected in any forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be attained and therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements. Some of the factors that may affect outcomes and results include, but are not limited to: (i) national, international, regional and local economic climates, (ii) changes in financial markets, interest rates and foreign currency exchange rates, (iii) increased or unanticipated competition for our properties, (iv) risks associated with acquisitions, dispositions and development of properties, (v) maintenance of real estate investment trust ("REIT") status and tax structuring, (vi) availability of financing and capital, the levels of debt that we maintain and our credit ratings, (vii) risks related to our investments in our co-investment ventures and funds, including our ability to establish new co-investment ventures and funds, (viii) risks of doing business internationally, including currency risks, (ix) environmental uncertainties, including risks of natural disasters, and (x) those additional factors discussed in reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission by Prologis under the heading "Risk Factors." Prologis undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statements appearing in this release.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prologis-publishes-eighth-annual-corporate-responsibility-report-300135502.html
SOURCE Prologis, Inc.
Released August 31, 2015