CR Champion Survey
At the end of 2009, we surveyed our CR Champions and asked them about the program. We wanted to learn what about the program was working, what improvements could be made and what focus areas should be for 2010.
After surveying approximately 50 employees that serve as Champions, we received a 70 percent response rate as well as some great feedback. Here are some specific results:
- 94 percent feel the CR Champion effort is worthwhile
- 97 percent now have a better understanding of what corporate responsibility means to ProLogis as a result of being a Champion
- 91 percent said their office has reduced its environmental impact as a result of the program
- No one felt being a champion required too much time; in fact, nine percent stated they could spend more time on it
- Several commented that they appreciated interaction with other departments and offices
Several offices experienced initial resistance in implementing the program and several expressed the desire for greater management support and recognition.
As a result, we are working on enhancing the 2010 CR Champion program. We plan to incorporate the opportunity for more management support and recognition of the Champions’ efforts.
After receiving feedback from the CR Champions it is clear that the program is making a difference at ProLogis while helping us to achieve our corporate responsibility goals.